Friday, November 2, 2012

Royal Starts Today!

Probably the only light in the dreary weather this time of year for most of us horse people, is going to the Royal. 

Today Linda is off with Sable to ride in the Spirit of the Horse demonstrations (presented by the OEF) to promote the AHA and OCTRA.

This is the second year that she has had this opportunity, and also the second year I will sadly be missing it.  Of course it falls on the one day where I have absolutely no chance of getting off work (when the boss is gone, I must stay here to man the battleship!).  Last year was my fault however, I had lost my personal phone sometime in October and had since been using only my work blackberry, and hadn't given Linda my new number, so all the calls and texts remained unseen until it was all over.  Of course, I found my phone half a year later in the pocket of a jacket.  Figures!

I am very sad to be missing out on this, especially with all the crewing I have done for them this year and the 2 RNTs we did with Sable, its harder to miss as we became even more of a team than ever before.  Just doesn't feel right my team is missing their top crew!

However, it is nice to not be surrounded by all that temptation.  I am not in a position to do a lot of shopping this year (however I am seeing all the Bahr's sales on their facebook, and WOW, do I ever want EVERYTHING they are clearing out!)

My plan remains this... if by some chance I can get out of here early, I am driving right down to the Royal.  If I cant get out early, its home time to do some jumping.

Lets see where the day leads me!

No comments:

Post a Comment