Friday, September 7, 2012

Busy weekend ahead!

On Wednesday night, instead of my usual evening spent at the barn, I took to the park with Cassie and Mat to do engagement photos.

Backtrack a little, we have been trying to do this for the best part of summer, pretty much ever since they asked me to be the photographer for their wedding.  Between my crazy schedule and their crazy schedules, it ended up taking a few months.  In fact, the wedding is TOMORROW.

No room for error here.

We had a great time at the park and their doggie Rocky joined in on the fun.  I was pleased that I was able to take acceptable shots since I haven't really picked up my camera at all this summer!  Also, I always say I want a new camera, but my good little G10 always pulls through some great shots.  It may not be capable of adding telephoto lenses or any other gadgets, but its really a great piece of machinery, even though it is quite out of date by today's standards.

In my excitement for the shoot, I treated myself to a tripod.  I have never owned one, and it was the perfect excuse to get one.  I didn't go high end or anything, but it does its job.  Best part about it, has a bubble level and was really quick to adjust, so even when we were down on the river bank, I was able to get straight shots.  Only downside is I have to shoot landscape, and for these occasions, I would love to be shooting portrait.  I guess that's where I just have to edit!

Lee's dad printed them for us and express shipped them to me.  I received them earlier today and am very pleased with the results.  I think they are going to be very happy with their photos AND their NEW LIFE!

Rehearsal is tonight, wedding is tomorrow.  I am following Cassie to all of her appointments, so I am going to be very busy!

I will share the engagement photos after the wedding, I want Cassie and Mat to be the first to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment