Monday, September 24, 2012

Salsa and Guacamole

On Saturday I hosted our usual "Clothing Swap Party" where all us ladies bring all the clothes that we no longer like or no longer fits us and we share it amongst the group.  Anything not finding a new home goes to charity.  Always a ton of fun!

I made homemade salsa and guacamole for this event, and it received wide praise and was the first thing gone.  So I am going to share my recipe here.  Please note, I rarely measure things like salt and spices so this is my best guess!

Start with the salsa:
4 tomatoes, diced
1 onion shredded
***I use a mandolin, which does this all in less than 2 minutes (2 different inserts) If you don't have one, you should!  Its the best thing i have in my kitchen.
Mix together
1.5 tsp crystal salt
1 tbsp chili powder
4-5 squirts of worchestschire sauce (excuse bad attempt at spelling... even spell check cant find that for me!)
6-10 squirts of Tabasco sauce.

Mix together and allow to marinate for at least an hour.

Guacamole:
3 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
Combine in chopper and grind to a paste
4-5 ripe avocados.
1 tbsp lemon juice

Mix all together, then add about 1 cup of the salsa, mixing well.

Add chips and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment