Monday, September 17, 2012

Update on my ouchies

Well it has been about 5 1/2 days since my fall, and I have to say, I am impressed with my body's ability to heal itself.  I haven't been sick or injured in so long, I don't think I knew what to expect.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I had enough in me to go for a good walk on Saturday.

On Sunday, I took Bentley out for some free lunging.  It was still pretty sore to groom him, but walking (and sometimes running) around chasing him in the ring wasn't so bad!

I have officially determined that T3s don't do anything for me.  In fact, they have almost the opposite effect.  Instead of getting drowsy along with pain relief, I don't experience any relief, get a bit of a headache, and it keeps me about as alert as half a cup of coffee.  So I am giving up on those!

Yes I still have some pain, but it doesn't get any worse with activity.  Its more like something in my back and the base of my neck is pinched, certain types of movement remind me its there... quite rudely, but for the most part I am functioning normally.

I hope to get back in the saddle tonight.  We will see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment